Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ecto

Not too dissimilar to MarsEdit in it's look and feel. It was initially a little more complicated to set up the accounts, certainly for Blogspot, but not too bad.

I have noticed that occasionally it seems to do funny things in formatting, but that might just be me. It also seems to have issues with categories, doesn't always retrieve them from the blogs or create new ones when asked to.

It is pretty good at formatting text, for instance this bit of text is in Comic Sans MS, whereas the rest is in Arial. In MarsEdit you can't seem to mark individual portions of text just the complete article.

Inserting pictures from Flickr is pretty simple, or so I thought, you just use the Flickr Helper addon, however today that doesn't appear to be working, in that it is not allowing me to get to any of my photos even though it is displaying their names (not the thumbs though). None of the editor toolbar formatting buttons appear to be working anymore either, maybe the demo license has expired, it certainly hasn't nagged me and formatting from the menu still appears to work!

The more I test these applications the more holes I appear to find! This post, without a photo was posted using Ecto.

OK, I can put a Flickr picture in by hand, so here is one of Fountains Abbey in North Yorkshire.

North Yorkshire -IMG_0166

No comments: